In the last edition of Tips & Tools we discussed recommendations for the proper care of your harnesses. This week we will talk about some best practice end-of-season care for your other safety equipment, such as SRL's, safety belay systems, and free fall devices.
Safety Equipment - Re-Certification is Important!
- Make sure to remove any equipment from the course that needs re-certification.
- Follow manufacturer instructions for annual inspection and re-certification.
- Bornack SSB's, MARK Save A Life Elephant, FG9's, SRL's, and ISC ALF's can be sent to Ropes Park Equipment for inspection, possible repair, and re-certification.
- TruBlues, QUICKjump, etc. should be returned to Head Rush Technologies.
- When the inspected and re-certified equipment returns leave it in the box and store in a cool, dry environment.
- Take down any rolling elements and inspect for wear. Be prepared to replace worn pulleys or trolleys before next season.
- Aerial Adventure Parks that double as ski slopes in the winter should consult with their builder regarding removing any zip lines that may cross ski trails.
- Creating and maintaining a maintenance/repair log will help you avoid task duplication and facilitate accountability.